Terms and Conditions for Sellers
Terms and Conditions for Using Timpanys as an Agent to Sell
1. TERMThis sales agreement shall have a term of 56 days (8 weeks) from the date of acceptance of all items approved by Timpanys to sell. Timpany will act as an agent to sell handbags, accessories, shoes and clothing. Timpanys reserves the right to return any and all items to the owner prior to the expiration of the sales agreement period and for any reason. After 42 days (6 weeks) if items have not sold TIMPANYS will reduce them by 25% and if still not sold after 56 days (8 weeks) by 50%. The sale of a discounted item will not affect the commission percentage earned by Timpanys. If you choose to collect the item before 42 days there will be a £10 surcharge / item to pay to cover out costs of photography and upload to the website. As Timpanys relies on a prompt turnover of stock anything not collected after 70 days (10 weeks) will be sent to charity so we can take more items in.
2. THE QUALITY OF THE ITEMSAll consigned items must be delivered to Timpanys in excellent condition and must be of the highest quality, cleaned, on hangers (if applicable), and “ready to sell.” You must disclose to Timpanys, prior to the acceptance of the item by Timpanys, any and all flaws, damage, and/or alterations to the item, regardless of size or appearance. In cases where damage or alterations are not disclosed, Timpanys reserves the right to terminate the sales agreement at any time and without notice. Anything cleaning or repair necessary will be charged back to you as the owner.
3. OWNERSHIPYou, the owner of the item guarantee that you are the true and lawful owner of any and all items consigned to Timpanys. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Timpanys for any damages arising from any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, damage, lawsuits, judgments, including legal fees and costs, to the extent caused by or arising out of or relating to any unlawful ownership. You, the owner understands that Timpanys sells the item as an agent and that any excess of the ultimate selling price over the amount recorded on your receipt is retained by Timpanys as commission; you further understand that the title does not at any stage pass to Timpanys and remains with you, the owner through out.
4. AUTHENTICITYTimpanys accepts only authentic designer items. You, as the owner, guarantee the authenticity of all items consigned with Timpanys. Any item delivered to Timpanys and deemed to be counterfeit by Timpanys or any qualified third party, will be destroyed. If you receive payment for an item that is later deemed to be counterfeit you agree to repay the full amount received plus any other loss associated with its sale and return.
5. PRICINGTimpanys and you the owner will mutually agree on a price before any item is made available for sale. In cases where you do not specify a desired final sale price, Timpanys reserves the right to determine the final selling price of any and all items. Final sale prices will be determined based on brand, style, condition and market demand for the item. Unless otherwise specifically stated by you, all merchandise is subject to regularly schedule markdown periods. After 8 weeks if items are not collected we reduce by 25% and if still not collected after 10 weeks by 50%. The sale of a discounted item will not affect the commission percentage earned by Timpanys. VAT is payable on the margin between the price the owner receives for the item and the price the item is sold for at a level of 16.67%. This will be added on top of the mutually agreed price.
6. COLLECTIONS AND RETURNS
Please note that items based in the UK that we have provided a valuation for and we have agreed to sell on your behalf will be collected from you FREE OF CHARGE over the value of £500 to you. Please ensure that you have packaged your item well so it is protected and secure whilst in transit. Timpanys cannot accept liability for any loss or damage to items as a result of poor packaging.
By choosing to sell your items with Timpanys you do so at your own risk of loss, damage or theft at its boutique located at 3 Sunninghill Road, Sunninghill, Ascot, Berkshire, SL5 7BX United Kingdom, in transport or at an alternative PopUp location.
Should any item remain unsold at the end of the agreed period where Timpanys acts as your agent or if the sales period is terminated by either party, Timpanys will return your items to you at your request and any costs incurred by the delivery of items back to you will be borne by you. Items that are not claimed within seven (7) days following the end of the agreed selling period will, without notice, become the property of Timpanys.
All shipments received from outside of the UK will be paid for by you, the owner of the items, and should include the pre-payment of all customs and excise fees (where applicable). Timpanys will not accept packages where customs and excise fees have not been pre-paid.