5 reasons why the Golden Goose sneaker are so expensive
Why people are paying $400 for a pair of beaten up trainers? Watch our video blog to learn all about these designer sneakers by Golden Goose as well as other gorgeous trainers we have in store by Balenciaga, J W Anderson, Emma Hope and Bally.
1. HAVE YOU FELT THE LEATHER? It is butter soft and just the most wonderful quality. Further to this Golden Goose sneakers much like the Isabel Marant sneakers have a hidden wedge heel that secretly elongates your leg. So my first point is you are buying a quality shoe. Although they may look all beaten up they are actually an incredibly luxury product much like the Marants.
2. HAND FINISHED Did you know that they are all hand finished by Italian craftsman? We all know that the Italians produce the most wonderful quality of leather goods. Because of this, no one shoe is identical to the next.
3. UNIQUE BRAND Much like any other designer good you are paying for the brand name. Golden Goose have produced a very unique and recognisable product being known for the scuffs, stars, stripes etc. so people buy into it as they want to be seen to be wearing the must-have item.
4. INDIVIDUALITY The high price point maintains the individuality of the product. It protects the brand from becoming too mass market. As not many people can afford to own a pair and there are also lots of limited edition variations the chances are that you have a very individual item. In a society where everyone has access to everything its nice to maintain an air of individuality.
5. PERFECTLY IMPERFECT Have you ever tried to distress denim? I rest my case - it's impossible to get it JUST RIGHT. All the distressing and breaking in of these kicks has been done for you and it's been done to perfection.
If after all these reasons you're still not sure then perhaps you'd prefer to shop for some less distressed trainers.